Dwarven physical advantages
- Starting Stats: ST:10 DX: 6 IQ: 8] and 8 points to spend.
- Dwarves live to about 300 years old.
- Strength for dwarves is purchased at 3/4 the normal experience cost.
- Dwarves are very hard to knock over and have an excellent center of gravity. Shield rushes and other tests to maintain balance are done at 1 dice less or with a bonus of 4.
- Dwarves can carry twice the normal weight allowance and their strength counts as 1.5 times as much on the strength table regarding armor on page 9 of AM.
- Due to extended periods of underground life the dwarves have developed night-vision. They can see for 30’, even in total darkness.
- Dwarven magic resistance is legendary. They initially get plus/minus 2 versus any spell that specifically targets them or affects them. This includes disbelieving illusions/images. They also have a talent that can be taken to increase this to a full dice or +4 depending on the situation.
Description IQ Req. Cost Other Magic Resistance(dwarf) None 2 Pre-requisite; Dwarf
If by some freak of nature a dwarf is a wizard (usually elemental earth path) then they lose lose all physical advantages. (including cheaper experience purchase of ST points) The intelligence maximum is also lifted.